Nana's Dill Pickles
Prep Time: 25 Min
Cook Time: 3 Days
Total Time: 3 Days
These homemade pickles are bursting with heat, flavor and crunch. Home grown cucumbers combined with fresh aromatics come together in a fantastic snack, any time of the day!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup pickling spice
- 1/4 cup picking salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2/3 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Mix water, vinegar, salt and pickling spice.
- Cover bottom of crockpot with dill and garlic.
- Add cucumbers and cover.
- Store for 2-3 days, do not turn on crockpot!
- They are ready to transfer to jar when firm.